Quick Success Secrets
Here are some quick success secrets because we know you’re busy and don’t want to spend your time reading through pages and pages of information. So in a nut-shell, here are the secrets of success. Also check out these success essentials...
Know what ‘success’ means to you
- What does ‘success’ mean to you – in your career, personal life and relationships. What do you REALLY want?
- Know that your idea of success needs to be personal and meaningful to YOU.
- Know that being successful brings satisfaction and contributes to your overall happiness.
- Understand that ‘success’ isn’t measured in dollars, it’s measured in how satisfied you feel.
- Understand that happiness is NOT achieved from material possessions, hence understand the fallacy of western society’s culture of consumerism [read the
consumerism success secrets
to find out why].
- Visualise your ‘success’ so that you can strive towards it.
Research has shown that ‘happiness’ [not success] is achieved from having meaningful and loving relationships and enough money (about $100,000 pa income). Not having enough money and the ‘stress’ of having too much money both contribute to unhappiness, as do bad and unhealthy relationships.
Don’t know what you really want or what is really important to you? Click on the 'How to Set Goals' tab on the NavBar and find out.
- Visualise your ‘success’ so that you can strive towards it.
- Identify a suitable ‘successful’ role model and observe and emulate how they dress, behave and act. Learn their success secrets for becoming successful people. BUT – be yourself too!
- Learn the skills required for success – communication and professionalism.
- Dress for success – dress to the standards of the job you want [taking appropriate work uniform requirements into account of course!]. Dress like your boss, if your goal is to one day do his job.
- Always be ethical, honest and act with integrity.
- Use your initiative and always be on the lookout for opportunities.
- Use the law of attraction to your advantage.
Want more information on creating a ‘successful’ image? Click on the 'Career Goals' tab on the NavBar to find out.
And I recommend the website Tools For Abundance where you can learn about the tools, techniques and latest breakthroughs to help you create abundance in every aspect of your life. Affordable Life Coaching, free ezine, ebooks, articles, resources, news, plus much more!
It’s all about YOU!
- You are unique and will have a unique set of dreams and desires – follow these, and not anyone else’s.
- Your personality is also unique to you, and will influence your idea of success and how you achieve it.
- Understand how your personality influences your success and use this to help you achieve.
- Know your personal strengths and weaknesses, and use this knowledge to your advantage. These are your personal success secrets.
- Always be honest with yourself and your abilities.
Don’t know yourself? Click on the 'About YOU' tab on the NavBar and find out more.
Or get a Life Coach from Holistic Insight to help you understand and optimize goal setting techniques, create positive habits and characteristics that last a lifetime; and motivate you towards your ultimate success.
Get the right attitude
- 90% of success is about your personal attitude.
- Know that positive attitude is a powerful force in achievement.
- Know that a negative attitude is destructive to your happiness and your ability to succeed.
- Know that your attitude and your mood is governed by you alone and your thoughts – no-one else can control your attitude.
- Get a positive attitude by exposing your self to positive people, images and media – and avoid negative influences.
- Use visualisation and positive reinforcement to get the message.
Studies have shown that people you expose themselves to negative ideas, thoughts and environments are more negative, depressed and unmotivated [and therefore less likely to succeed] than people you expose themselves to mostly positive ideas, thoughts and environments.
The media is a major player in providing a negative environment – so don’t watch too much TV!
'The Secret' - that popular success system for attracting wealth - is based on the ability of the brain to respond to positive thought.
Want more information on attitude and motivation? Click on the 'Life Skills' tab on the NavBar and look under the section on 'Attitude and Motivation to find out.
Set Goals – regularly
- It is well known that people with goals succeed, and people who succeed have goals.
- Goals MUST be meaningful and personal – otherwise you won’t be inspired to achieve them.
- Goals give you something to aim for.
- Goals help you focus your time and energy on achieving you’re the right things.
- Goals give you motivation – because goals are MEANINGFUL and personal to you, you’ll look forward to achieving them.
- Goals help you break up seemingly impossible dreams into manageable, bite-sized pieces.
- Your Goals will change as your life progresses. Understand that goal setting is a dynamic and never-ending process if you want your life to be a success.
Want more information on goal setting? Click on the 'About Goals' tab on the NavBar to find out, or advance to the 'How to Set Goals' tab on the NavBar to find out ‘how’.
There are also a number of goal setting systems and software available to help you successfully set and achieve your goals.
- There is no point having READY and AIM if there is no FIRE.
- Know that no-one has achieved success by sitting on their butt [excuse the language].
- Know that to achieve success you must TAKE ACTION.
- For action you need ‘Motivation’, which comes from having goals and the right attitude.
- Use Action Plans with deadlines to guide you. If goals are your target destination, action plans are your road map to success.
Want more information on action planning? Click on the 'How to Achieve' tab on the NavBar to find out. Also find out more on motivation through the 'Life Skills' tab on the NavBar under 'Attitude and Motivation'.
- Understand that 90% of what you do will involve other people, and that achieving your personal success will also involve other people.
- Understand that you will achieve more by fostering good relationships with other people and you will if you don’t.
- Just as you are unique and have personal likes and dislikes, so do other people.
- Understand yourself, and how other people react to you. Use this understanding to your advantage, so you can better foster good relationships.
- It’s not always about you!
- This is the concept of ‘Emotional Intelligence’ (EQ) and is one of life’s poorly understood success secrets. Understand that people with a high EQ are more likely to succeed than people with a low EQ.
Need to work on your EQ? Click on the 'Life Skills' tab on the NavBar and look under the section on 'Emotional Intelligence' to find out more success secrets for improving your emotional intelligence.
Manage your career
- Understand that your ‘career’ occupies more of your waking hours than anything else. Make this time count and enjoy it!
- Understand that being a ‘stay-at-home’ mum or dad is a career – a very rewarding one.
- Understand that you can achieve happiness through job satisfaction and success.
- Embrace the saying “If you truly love your job, you’ll never work a day in your life.”
- Embrace the concept of continuous improvement – aim to be the best in your field.
- Be proactive in chasing challenging job opportunities – use initiative and drive.
Need some help to manage your career? Click on the 'Career Goals' tab on the NavBar and find out more success secrets for a rewarding career.
Manage yourself – get life skills
As well as the specific skills you need for your career, particular ‘self-management’ skills will help you be successful in all aspects of life:
- Time management – know how to make the most of the time you have, whether at work or in your own personal time
- Planning and organisation – understand that being organized will help you achieve your goals.
- Decision making and problem solving – know how to make the right decisions and solve problems.
- People skills – Understand that 90% of what you do will involve other people, and that achieving your personal success will also involve other people
- Attitude and motivation – understand that YOU are the only person who can make your life happen the way you want it to and that your attitude and motivation are critical for action.
Need some help to manage yourself? Click on the 'Life Skills' tab on the NavBar and find out more.
Learn time management skills with this website providing time management resources which includes topics on motivation techniques, goal setting techniques, ways to overcome procrastination and tips for getting organized.
Manage your finances
- Understand that a certain amount of money is necessary – too little will cause stress and having too much also has this affect.
- Know how much money you REALLY need. The endless pursuit of more money for no reason will ultimately end in failure and your unhappiness.
- Understand that financial management is just a skill – it’s not hard and there are no magic tricks.
- Maintain a healthy awareness of your finances – know what you earn and owe.
- Budget, and make the most of what you’ve got.
- Develop a savings plan, for that rainy day.
- Do your best to reduce, or at least consolidate, personal debt. Don’t over-rely on credit cards.
- Scrutinize expenditure and prioritise your spending – must spend | should spend | nice to spend.
- Invest for your future and plan for retirement.
- Understand that to make money, you need to spend money – but do this wisely.
- Understand that high return investments are ALWAYS high risk, or high input. If an investment sound too good to be true, it is!
- Use tax laws to your advantage, but NEVER break them – the Tax Man will catch up with you eventually. Et advice from an accountant if in doubt.
- Beware of scams and ‘get rich quick’ schemes. Beware of any scheme from Nigeria – the scam capital of the world!
- Take care of your big assets – your house, and to a lesser extent, your car.
- Protect your valuables with insurance – your health, your income, your life and your assets.
Need some help to manage your finances? Click on the 'Financial Goals' tab on the NavBar and find out more financial success secrets. Or check out sister site Your Money and Finance for all the advice you need on personal finances.
Look after your health
- Remember that you only have one body - so look after it!
- Realise that first impressions matter. You will project a more successful image if you appear to take good care of your own health.
- Know your health is the combined result of diet, exercise, sleep, stress and lifestyle – achieving the right life balance is the key.
- Understand that taking care of your health is not vanity.
Need some help to look after yourself? Click on the 'Health Goals' tabs on the NavBar and find out more success secrets for your health and well-being.
Have meaningful relationships
- No-one on their death-bed wished that they had spent less time with their family – don’t let this be your dieing wish.
- Understand that having meaningful relationships with your partner, kids and extended family has a bigger impact on your happiness than material success.
- Similarly, good friendships are an important factor in having a happy life.
- Surround yourself with family and friends that bring out the best in you - they are your personal success secrets.
- Teach your kids these success secrets too, so they can be the best they can be!
Need some help to manage your relationships? Click on the 'Personal Goals' tab on the NavBar and find out more success secrets for forming meaningful relationships.
And most importantly…
The grand-daddy of all success secrets: DO WHAT MAKES YOU HAPPY.
Tell YOUR success story and inspire others to achieve…
Or read “How to Make your Dream Come True” by Don Loyd, which we offer as a FREE bonus for subscribing to our monthly newsletter “The Goal Kicker”.
Just fill in your details in “The Goal Kicker” subscription box below, and we’ll start sending you our newsletter on the first day of every month, which will include the link to this FREE e-book (pdf).
The Personal Success Pocketbook
A pocketful of quick tips, tools and techniques to help you give your life direction, achieve your personal definition of success and enrich your life. Ideal if you don’t have a lot of time, but need to know!
What is the
meaning of success?
Does success mean the same thing to everyone? Check out this website for useful insights into the true meaning of success and more success secrets.
Lucky Name Numerology makes it Easy for You to Achieve What Ever You Want. Gain Name, Fame, Health, Wealth, Women, Recognition, and Success By Lucky Names, Lucky Baby Names, and Lucky Business Names!
What’s holding you back? Learn more about your energy field at aura answers.