Useful Life Skills for Goal Setters
Goal setting is one of many life skills that require practice and a little effort to get started. There are some other useful skills that complement your newly found goal setting skills, including:
- how to beat the clock and manage procrastination, as well as other time management tips.
Problem Solving and Decision Making
- how to take information and sort it into something useful for making decisions and solving problems.
Planning and Organisation
- how to get organised and set priorities (great for better time management too!).
Attitude and Motivation
– success is 10% skill and 90% attitude! Get into the right frame of mind to succeed and fire up your motivation.
– the latest buzz in human resource management, people who have a high emotional intelligence (EQ) are more likely to succeed than others. But the good news is that it is a skill that can be learnt.
Positive Thinking 4U
- Personal Development involves many different aspects – find out how you can improve your life in many different areas.
Self-Esteem 2 Go - this is your self-esteem, self confidence building website. Their goal is to give you as much help as you need to build your self-esteem, to be more confident and to live a happy, prosperous life. The site will provide you with lots of useful information, techniques, articles, affirmations and exercises about how to have a rock solid foundation for your self-esteem.
For a different slant on goal setting look at the-Happy-Manager.com, which combines happiness information with practical management insights. The site focuses on the key role managers play in making the workplace a happy place. Their article:
"Goal Setting Tip: Do What You Love"
contains a "happy work-cycle model", full of useful tips on how to be happy at work.
Positive Personal Growth.
This site offers help in many areas of Personal Growth Development. It gives help and encouragement to enable you to begin your journey and achieve your inner personal growth.
So learn some life skills to be your very best!
And don’t forget to teach these life skills to your kids too! These life skills in conjunction with goal setting skills will set them up for life.
What life skills do YOU think are critical for success? Write a page on it and teach others.
Managing Yourself : Exploring key elements of emotional intelligence using popular culture, this text provides the reader with easily understood and workable models of how they think, feel, relate to others and perform in the workplace. It provides self-coaching techniques for personal success.