Goal setting for an 'Eagle'
The bold eagle is dominant, stimulated by challenge, decisive and direct. They can be blunt/ stubborn, can lose sight of the big-picture and can be insensitive to other people’s needs, but are natural achievers.
What you naturally do well…
- You’re already highly focused, driven and highly motivated, so result focused goal setting is ‘natural’ to you.
- You’re not afraid of failure and just see it as a challenge to bounce back.
- You’re persistent in achieving goals, even if it means making personal sacrifices to get there. You take risks.
- You are independent and like to do things "your" way. You don't like to fail.
- You like being productive and making progress.
- You are motivated by power, challenge, results and achievement – a natural leader.
What to watch out for…
- You may lose sight of the big picture.
- You may not pay enough attention to the detail, leading to lack of adequate planning.
- You may choose goals for the thrill of the chase or from being impulsive, rather than well thought out goals that you really want.
- You can be inflexible, impatient and easily bored with detail, which can make you take needless risks.
- You can be stubborn and sometimes too confident for your own good.
- You may value results over people.
Tips for goal setting success…
- Use you natural goal setting ability to your advantage – write them down and take the time to plan properly.
- Regularly review your 'big picture' and make sure you’re still heading there so you don’t go after ‘empty’ goals.
- Be flexible enough to change your tack if necessary. A change in plan is not a failure.
- Consider other people's feelings and let them help you achieve.
As an eagle you will find success because of your own natural ambition, drive and motivation to achieve. Being a natural goal setter, you will succeed if you keep focus.
Are you an eagle? Tell us about it and help other eagles understand who they are – or help other ‘birds’ understand you better.
Want to know more about being an Eagle?