Goal setting for a 'Peacock'
The showy peacock loves talking, being the centre of attention, has passion/ enthusiasm and is happy/ optimistic. They can be accused of talking too much, and aren’t good with detail or time-control.
What you naturally do well…
- You are enthusiastic, influential, optimistic, passionate and people-orientated, and a charismatic leader.
- You continually seek new opportunities and experiences following your passions.
- You enjoy the journey as much as the result.
- You can take big risks for excitement and driven by passion – you dream big.
- You are flexible and open-minded and tend to notice and seize opportunities.
- You enlist the help of others through your "people-oriented" nature, and can work by yourself if necessary.
- You are motivated by having fun, being popular and social.
What to watch out for…
- You tend to value fulfillment over achievement, so often don’t achieve specific goals.
- You like to focus on the big picture, but often get lost in the details because of lack of planning.
- You are not good at being thorough or sticking to details.
- You don't like structure, may be impulsive, bored by details and easily lose interest/ get distracted.
- When the going gets tough, you are likely to give up and move on to something else.
Tips for goal setting success…
- Use your natural ability to see the big picture, but be diligent in planning so that you can achieve your goals.
- Break down your big picture into smaller more manageable goals to help you see the way to an end, and write them down to provide day-to-day focus.
- You need to prioritise and focus your time and energy on a smaller number of goals.
- Continue to notice and seize the opportunities open to you, but always do this in context of the big picture and don’t allow yourself to go too far down a detour that takes you in the wrong direction.
As a peacock you will find success through following your passion and maintaining your positive approach to life. Recruit other people using your natural enthusiasm to help you achieve your goals.
Are you a peacock? Tell us about it and help other peacocks understand who they are – or help other ‘birds’ understand you better.
Want to know more about being a Peacock?