Ms. Megan O'Connor
I am looking for help setting goals that will empower me to finally move foward in my life. In the last 10 years I have made a long series of blunders as a result of not planning.see below
1. Going to art school without financial planning.
2. Graduating and then taking jobs that have nothing to do with art, and that I didnt want just for the paycheck.
3. Quitting the only career job I had because (not in art, it was in finance:))I didnt want to be that person, and then not being able to find another job except for starbucks for a year after.
4. Quitting Starbucks for the same reason and then realizing that there is a pattern here and my desicion making skills have become nill.
5. Hoping for the best without having an action plan.
6. Having a masters degree with no job in sight.
7.Being in financial crisis and knowing that the only thing I'm good at is art and yet being paralyzed with fear that I'm not good enough.
I have learned the hard way that following a plan which I've made with my goals in mind is my only hope. I fear that my choices, having been the wrong ones for so long, define me as a failure.
In my caleder today I wrote 4 goals, excercise, goal setting work, 3. (left blank) &4. call charles for car.
Perhaps #3 was supposed to be "ask for help from a goal setting professional." or #5 should have been make a business plan. I need help and I hope that one of you sucess stories out there can throw me a bone. I'm pretty sure I'm missing something here.
I would appreciate any help, anecdotes, etc.