The Goal Setting mini course
The Goal Setting mini course is a great refresher if you’ve already done the full Goal-Setting E-course, or if you’re a seasoned goal-setter looking at some tips and advice to fine-tune your goal-setting skills.
It’s also good for novice goal setters to gain an overview of the key steps involved in the goal setting process.
The Goal Setting mini course covers the basics of the goal setting process and leads you step-by-step through setting your own goal.
A detailed course outline is provided after this E-course submission form.
Lesson 1: The Goal Setting Process – an overview
- Why goal setting is important
- Where the goal setting process falls down
- What the goal setting process is.
Lesson 2: Step 1: Get the ‘Big-Picture’ first
- What ‘success’ means to you
- The aspects of life that are most important to you
- Your ‘big picture’ for the most important aspects of your life
Lesson 3: Step 2: Determine what you really want
- How to do a mind map of what you want out of life.
- What you REALLY want.
- Your strengths and weaknesses.
- Opportunities for, and threats to achieving your goals.
Lesson 4: Step 3: Set your Goals
- Why goals need to be SMART
- How to develop your goals so they are SMART
- Setting Realistic Timeframes
Lesson 5: Step 4: Prepare your Personal Action Plan
- How to prepare your Personal Action Plan
- The KEY to Goal Setting Success – using Action Plans and Schedules
- Why your Action Plan needs to be integrated with your day-to-day activities
- How to start taking action to achieve your goal!
Lesson 6: Step 5: Review your Action Plan and Goals
- Why it’s so important to monitor and review your goals and progress
- Why your goals and action plans are dynamic and must be flexible
- How to turn ‘failure’ into valuable lessons for the future
Lesson 7: Goal Setting in a nutshell
A concise summary of goal setting – the important steps and key messages.
Want more information?
If at any stage you want further explanation or expanded information on the material presented in the Goal Setting mini course, refer to the Life Planning Workbook in the ToolBOX or click on the “How to Set Goals” and “How to Achieve” tabs on the NavBar.